Dark Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dark Heaven

Midnight Fantasies

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions on the Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Estrella

Estrella

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-03-29

Questions on the Rules Empty
PostSubject: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyWed 29 Mar à 15:13

Hello! ^^

My name is Estrella, and obviously, as you've noticed, I am a new member. Before I start the game though, I have a few questions to clear up.

- Are the players allowed SMS? (ex.: altho (although), lol (laugh out loud))

- Why do the all new members start as Humans? If the character has a vampiric or lycan past, they cannot be so?

- For the vampire abilities, I've noticed that there was something missing that most people know. When a vampire is turned, they acquire a certain power that is for them. For example, if a changed vampire feeds on bulls, horses, or strong creatures, he will become very strong. If the vampire feeds on witches, sorcerers, this one will become very powerful in magic and will acquire the powers that their victims had. Do the vampires of this forum acquire powers especially for them?

- As for the lycans, I've noticed that you said they could only transform during a full moon. I know that WEREWOLVES are like that, but not lycans, and they are certainly not the same thing at all. Werewolves can only transform during the full moon and are not conscious of their action while in their second form. They can easily be killed with silver or a wooden stake through their weak point (which is usually the head). As for the lycan, they can transform whenever they want: day like night, whether there is a full moon or not. The only difference with werewolves is that they are very conscious when they transform. Both usually don't have acertained powers like the vampires, but they have brute force and muscles on their side. Do these lycan and werewolf laws apply here as well?

Umm ... that is about all I had to say. These are only questions, please do not be offended. I know that I sometimes have a way of writing that pisses people off, and I am terribly sorry if that is the case. It was not my intention. Oh! and another thing. Your smilies are kinda sad, do you have any more that you can add? (If ever you don't and would like to have some more, I can help you. I have plenty on both my forums ^^)

Thank you for your time,
Estrella

P.S. I can't really tell the difference between the Member color and the Administrator color. Is it just me or they're both the same? And I speak of the color that your names takes when you log on the forum, it's at the bottom of the Homepage (how's online?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragonrider.megabb.com, www.ultraslayer.darkbb.com
Villius Valya
Pure Blood Vampire
Villius Valya

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2005-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyWed 29 Mar à 20:51

Hello my dear Estrella, well now I shall answer your entire question the best way I can.

#1 Q: Are the players allowed SMS? (ex.: altho (although), lol (laugh out loud))[/quote]
A: No

#2Q: - Why do the all new members start as Humans? If the character has a vampiric or lycan past, they cannot be so?
A: Actually, I am not sure anymore why the other administrator and myself have put this rule, I suppose that it was to make sure that not everyone try to be a pure vampire and that not everyone try to be a lycan or a vampire.

#3 Q: - For the vampire abilities, I've noticed that there was something missing that most people know. When a vampire is turned, they acquire a certain power that is for them. For example, if a changed vampire feeds on bulls, horses, or strong creatures, he will become very strong. If the vampire feeds on witches, sorcerers, this one will become very powerful in magic and will acquire the powers that their victims had. Do the vampires of this forum acquire powers especially for them?
A: I am not sure of all this, but it’s still an interesting concept. I want to do a second Dark Heaven; it would be many years after this one, so I will probably enter this in the vampire powers, thanks for telling us.

#4Q: - As for the lycans, I've noticed that you said they could only transform during a full moon. I know that WEREWOLVES are like that, but not lycans, and they are certainly not the same thing at all. Werewolves can only transform during the full moon and are not conscious of their action while in their second form. They can easily be killed with silver or a wooden stake through their weak point (which is usually the head). As for the lycan, they can transform whenever they want: day like night, whether there is a full moon or not. The only difference with werewolves is that they are very conscious when they transform. Both usually don't have acertained powers like the vampires, but they have brute force and muscles on their side. Do these lycan and werewolf laws apply here as well?
A: Lycan is for lycanthrope, I suppose that you already know that and a lycanthrope is a werewolves, just hmm sort of smarter because he’s conscious of what he does when he transform at the full moon.

Thank you for asking these entire questions, it was a real pleasure to answer them all, it’s really nice to see that you ask question before doing your presentation. Another thing, for the people who starts as human, I might take it off since we need people on every side. And for the colors, well the Amdin is like in bold when he connects and there’s only three Admin and one who never come here.

~Villius Valya~

PS: If you have more questions, don't be affraid, I won't bite
Back to top Go down
http://www.misunderstoodpoet.deviantart.com
Estrella

Estrella

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyThu 30 Mar à 13:55

Very Happy Hmm ... thank you for these answers. I wanted to clear that out before I got all confused. Anyway, I'll be starting my presentation now. Another question: do I have to wait for you to say that its okay before I can start playing?
Back to top Go down
Villius Valya
Pure Blood Vampire
Villius Valya

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2005-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyThu 30 Mar à 20:41

You normaly have to wait, but a moment ago I went and accepted your presentation, so you can play
Back to top Go down
http://www.misunderstoodpoet.deviantart.com
Estrella

Estrella

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyFri 31 Mar à 15:00

I have another question ^^'

Can your character be at more than one place at a time?

And I 'm totally confused ... why are there many topics in one subject. Like I went to see the Dark Back Alley, and there are many topics in there instead of just one for everone. It's a bit confusing you see because in both my forums, it doesn't work that way.

For example: If one character arrives on the spot, and is talking to another person. And then someone else arrives, they won't be making another topic for themself, they'll be at the same place as the other two, and they will say in their post that they see the other two people talking to each other. You understand? So I'm a bit confused on that matter.

And where did you find the thirty-day Post-Limiting exactly? Where did you get that idea from?
Back to top Go down
Zikku

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyFri 31 Mar à 15:55

Oh, I'm registered to a forum called Dragon's Lair. I saw how the admin there has managed her forum so well because of the 30 day limit. I actually found it to be working because when I got the email that said I had so-and-so days left to post, I went and posted right away.

To answer your question on time-travel, I would say no. It confuses me a lot about it too and Villius pisses me off how he doesn't know what I mean when I say I encourage "chain-posting".

This was his first forum, so I don't think it's that bad for the beginner.

I've tried to get him to understand too. The guy is thick-headed, lol. I try not to be in two places at once. If you ever read any of my posts, they will usually leave a thread before entering another one. Sometimes, it should even say which thread I'm heading for next.

Since the forum started where you can post where ever you want and when ever you want, I guess you can. It's really hard to stop people posting in every thread they started. Basically, I just like to convince myself that this forum became a bit chaotic.

I understand completely why you're confused about the many different threads in one topic. In my forums, they aren't usually like this. But as I said earlier, this is Villius's first forum, and it just became chaotic.

BUT THERE IS A SOLUTION TO ALL!!

Villius and I recently created a Dark Heaven II ~ New Age. This dark heaven is in the future in 600 years. We're still working on it, so it hasn't been yet available to the users here yet. I was hoping that I could make him understand what chain-posting is so that he will be able to tell the posters TO post in chains by linking their posts from thread to thread so you can follow the story line a lot easier.

When the New Age forum is ready for everyone, we'll put in the link. I hope these answers your questions! (otherwise, I just typed a few paragraphs for nothing, lol!).
Back to top Go down
Estrella

Estrella

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyFri 31 Mar à 17:49

No, don't worry. It answered my questions fine! Whenever the new forum is ready, please tell me. And I would love to help ... perhaps in trying to make Villius understand the chain-posting.

And by the way, I knew Dragon's Lair as well. Actually, I know it very well. That's why when I received the e-mail from this forum about a post-limiting, I recognized it at once. (Would you possibly be Kaedo?) Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. By the way, if you're a member on Dragon's Lair, then perhaps you know who Alana is. That would be me, Admin of Dragon's Lair.
Back to top Go down
Zikku

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptySat 1 Apr à 2:13

lmao, well.... that's ironic. Yeah, I am Kaedo.

From the way you tackled the question about the 30 day posting limit, my first thought was that you knew about Dragon's Lair and that you were going to devour my soul for stealing the idea. lol. It intimidated me sorta, looool.

But ok, welcome anyways.
Back to top Go down
Estrella

Estrella

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules EmptyMon 3 Apr à 15:52

Don't worry, I wasn't going to bite. I'm not that kind of person, and I'm sure you'll do fine with the Post-Limiting. I know that I had to ban a few members in the first thirty-day trial. Only one of them came back to say that they wanted to have their character unbanned. Anyway, good luck with that. And thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions on the Rules   Questions on the Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions on the Rules
Page 1 of 1